Destination Beauty MedSpa provides PDO Thread Lift treatments for the face and other areas of the body.
What is PDO?
PDO, or Polydioxanone is an absorbable, synthetic monofilament thread. PDO is super thin, measuring in at 0.12mm. It is often used in cardiovascular surgeries and other, fine areas requiring a tight binding. Polydioxanone is great for these procedures as it immensely reduces any potential trauma for the patient.
Beginning around the age of 25, apparent aging begins to occur where tissues begin to thin resulting in deep creases, sagging skin, folds, and wrinkles. This is due to the breakdown of elastin fibers and collagen in the skin. Destination Beauty MedSpa provides treatments and other services using the PDO absorbable thread lift for clients wishing to reverse aging effects by addressing these problems beneath the skin.
Destination Beauty MedSpa uses PDO for treatments of the face and body for its numerous benefits including:
- It’s safe – The material of polydioxanone (PDO) threads is similar to the threads used in surgical stitches. Because PDO threads are absorbable, they will be reabsorbed within 4-6 months, leaving nothing behind except for the skin structure that has been created.
- It is always working – PDOs are continuously working and stimulating collagen synthesis under the skin. In a way, PDO helps “hold” the skin down against the effects of gravity, acting as a “scaffold” when it is inserted into the skin. The “mesh” of PDO threads can also work to shape the face by supporting and lifting sagging structures.
- Long Lasting results – Treatments using PDO will last for 12+ months
A long needle inserts the threat into the skin. A curved needle at the end of the thread holds it in position until it is tied to an adjacent thread.
- A long needle inserts barbed threads into the skin through an incision
- After the needle emerges, the thread is pulled through and the needle cut off.
- This step is repeated, the threads are trimmed and tied together, and the curved needles are cut off.
- Holding the loose ends of the threads, the doctor uses his hands to lift and contour the skin over the threads.
- Finally, the loose ends of the threads are cut, disappearing below the skin’s surface.
Treatment areas for PDO
- Mid-face Cheek
- Jaw Lines
- Specific Wrinkles
- Crow’s Feet
- Glabellar Fold
- Nasolabial Fold
- Indian Fold
- Fine Wrinkles
PDO Thread Lift is a revolutionary new treatment for skin tightening, lifting, and shaping the face. To learn more about PDO treatment at Destination Beauty MedSpa, contact us today for a free consultation.